Baggage Reconciliation System
Choose a baggage reconciliation system that contributes to a more efficient airport and enhances passenger experience
The yearly cost of baggage claims and departure delays can run well into the millions of euros. Careful planning can offset the cost of a baggage reconciliation system with savings realized in reducing the number of misdirected bags. For airport operations managers, baggage security and tracking efficiency is key, and airlines needs to know where each bag is at all times, whom it belongs to, and whether loaded bags are matched with a boarded passenger.
A-ICE has developed an efficient, integrated baggage system designed to meet these objectives.
- Complete baggage management & reconcilliation
- Bag tracking with 100% accuracy
- Integrates to all airport systems
- Improves passenger flow
- Reduces costs & creates efficiencies
- IATA 753 compliant
Baggage Management & Tracking
A-ICE has developed an efficient, integrated baggage system designed to meet regulatory demands as well as offering high levels of security and passenger satisfaction. With A-BRS, baggage handlers know exactly where each bag is located — down to the position within the container onboard the aircraft.
A-BRS will keep track of every movement of every bag and container in the system. The system is highly efficient because it takes full advantage of host lines already in place for passenger departure control and uses BagLink gateways to send and receive baggage messages in standard IATA formats.
- Bags can quickly be found and identified with 100% accuracy
- Matches all bags with boarded passengers
- Up-to-the-minute information for a bag to be loaded into a specific container or aircraft for a specific flight
- Tracks every bag and container
- Identifies bags and tracks their movement through the airport
Using a baggage reconciliation system increases security across the airport environment, ensuring that loaded baggage can be matched to a specific, boarded passenger on a specific flight.
A-BRS features automated registration of baggage via RFID tagging at specific points in the baggage journey - within the airport, at the gate, before loading and on the aircraft. It verifies, in real-time, whether a piece of baggage can be positively matched to a verified, boarded passenger before it is loaded onto the departing aircraft. An alerting system provides information to ground handling personnel should a misdirected bag be found, providing an opportunity for mismatched luggage to be immediately rerouted according to the correct data.
- Alerting system for misdirected baggage
- Matches all bags with boarded passengers
- Real-time baggage verification
- Delivers seamless IATA R753 compliance
With highly-integrable system features such as messaging in multiple formats and protocols, wireless, hand-scanning via mobile devices and automated database updates and handling, A-BRS delivers the full package to completely streamline baggage reconciliation and ensure compliance.
Baggage system automation and systems integration
A-BRS automates baggage tracking and the reconciliation of same utilizing technologies to monitor the movement and loading of baggage from the check-in area through the loading of the baggage onto the loading devices in the main terminal buildings, with full integration to other systems.
Airlines can benefit from real-time, compliant baggage tracking throughout the baggage journey, including during transfers and interlining over several stages of an itinerary. This solution ensures a comprehensive, accessible record of the entire journey to collection at the destination airport. Key features include:
- Technologies to monitor the movement and loading of baggage, including:
- the check-in area
- loading of baggage in the main terminal buildings
- loading in satellites areas
- and optionally onto the aircraft
- Integrates with bar-coded systems
- Integration directly with the existing DCS for receiving baggage handling messages
- Automates tracking of passenger boarding and baggage loading
Increasing airport operational efficiencies
Baggage handling, management and reconciliation systems play a critical role in airport operations. Instances of lost or misdirected baggage cost the aviation industry millions each year, and significantly damage passenger experience.
The A-BRS system increases efficiency, taking existing host lines for departure control and using BagLink gateways to handle IATA standard-format messaging. A-ICE’s solution monitors the movement of baggage seamlessly, effectively automating baggage tracking and reconciliation using the same technology throughout the departure process.
- Minimizes misdirected baggage and associated rerouting costs
- Reduces passenger processing time
- Reduces wasted gate time having to locate already-loaded bags
Meeting mandatory compliance and maintaining security
The introduction of IATA Resolution 753 last year has placed greater importance on baggage tracking and reconciliation. Member airlines must now be responsible for holding much more information on passenger baggage to ensure that they know the location of baggage at every stage of the baggage journey from arrivals, check-in and security, through loading, transfer and interlining to collection at the destination airport. Regulations also dictate that airlines must know to whom baggage belongs and whether loaded bags can be matched with the boarded passenger.
The regulations are designed to streamline the baggage handling system, enhance security and increase efficiency if loaded baggage needs to be removed from the aircraft at any time.
A-BRS helps member airlines to meet the regulatory requirements for baggage handling, tracking and reconciliation with real-time, automated functionality and enhanced reporting and recording benefits.
Why choose A-ICE as your baggage management system supplier?
Whether you need a turnkey solution or a bespoke and highly-customised system, A-ICE offer a range of solutions to simplify your airport operations, making them more cost effective and more efficient.
We are proud to offer:
- 25 years of experience in this field
- Easy-to-use solutions that reduce start-up time and costs: plug in and go live
- Analysis, design and development of software solutions for the aviation market
- Design, deployment and maintenance of SAAS infrastructures
- System integration
- Deep knowledge of market processes and of airports and airlines standards
- Airport operations efficiency consulting
Want to know more?
View our frequently asked questions for more information:
- What influences the effectiveness of a Baggage Reconciliation System?
- Can I implement a bag tracking solution that guarantees 100% accuracy?
- How do airport baggage systems work?
- What is Required for IATA 753?
Or read more about A-BRS by A-ICE: