Airport Message Distribution System
A-MDS is an easy, secure, and flexible way to integrate applications with the A-ODB. It provides all communication protocol features and message-formatting functions needed for exchanging data. When installed acts as a special “administrator” that sends and receives Type B messages.
A proven, in-place system, A-MDS serves to bridge A-ODB and Airport sub-systems with the user community, and saves the effort of integrating dedicated communications protocols into applications. Its architecture makes it easy to deploy also on third party existing application servers.
A-MDS provides also advanced messaging features that include built-in queue management, format checking, and Type B message formulation.
Figure 1A-MDS Functionalities and features
- Minimization of manual data entry
- minimization of typing errors
- minimization of information latency time
- transparent information translation and re-coding
- enables different systems to interface without any program modification
- fully integrated with A-ODB, A-BRS, A-SCHED, A-DCS
- Avinet, Sitatex network and standard compliancy
A-MDS allows multiple concurrent users to work and operate on the system, insuring data correctness and integrity.
All the output forms and documents can be customized in order to meet the customer's requirements in term of paper size and format layout.
- Accepts any type of message source
- Easy to configure
- context- and content-based message exportation and encoding
- exports in any type of format
- database of received messages, with associated search keys
Standards are at the basis of each component of the system; in addition, and thanks to those standards, it is very easy to develop and add a new gateway interface, so to be able to connect a new data source or destination.
A-MDS can interpret any kind of messages, with fixed, variable and contextual format, and re-encode the parsed information into standard (XML, SQL, ...) and application-specific record format, depending on the type and contents of the source message.
Different messages can be generated for different applications for each input message.
The structure of the interpreted messages is typically very close to that of the source message, and is made available in a XML-based message.
The message structure can differ from the source message structure when it appears more useful to the subsequent contained information management.
- File system
- Any custom protocol can be easily built.
- The A-MDS is completely configurable, and it comes with a predefined library of interpretable messages.
- IATA Messages
- Flight schedule messages (IATA SSIM compliant ASM and SCR);
- Load messages (LDM, ALI)
- Movement messages (MVT)
- Baggage processing messages (BSM, BTM. BOH. FWD, etc.) for baggage sorting, reconciliation, and Lost & Found management
- Passenger information messages (PNL, ADL, PSM, PTM, PAL, CAL…)
- Cargo messages (FFM, FWB, FHL,…)
- Through checkin messages
- APIS messages
- E-Ticket messages
- Aircraft approach messages
- AFTN messages
- Meteo messages
- DUV messages (flight unique declaration document)
Additional Airport Operations Solutions
Our airport operations systems include Flight Information Display Systems, Contract and Billing software, Baggage Reconciliation Systems, Message Distribution Systems, Multimedia Information System, Airport Operational Database, and middleware for the transportation of web applications on remote networks. All our systems can be integrated with each other or your existing systems and and hardware.